- Thursday, October 12th – DPAC Executive meeting from 7-9pm inRoom 120 at VSB Board Office (1580 West Broadway). All parents/guardians welcome to attend. DPAC executives vote. Typically includes a report from the Superintendent, chair & treasurer reports, VSB standing & advisory committee reports. If you require child-minding, please contact our vice-chair, Shaun Kalley, at least 48 hours in advance (email@example.com).
- Saturday, October 14th – By-election voting day for a Vancouver councilor and nine Vancouver School Board trustees.
- Wednesday, October 18th – VSB Committee II & V meetings
- Thursday, October 19th – The Great British Columbia Shake Out at 10:19am. FYI: currently there are 58 schools in Vancouver that are still in the planning (unfunded) stage of the seismic mitigation program.
- Friday, October 20th – District Professional Development Day (no school)
- Thursday, October 26th – DPAC General meeting from 7-9pm inRoom 180 at VSB Board Office (1580 West Broadway). Main focus will be an Indigenous workshop presented by Jolene Andrews. All parents/guardians welcome to attend. Official PAC representative (DPAC rep or chair) votes. If you require child-minding, please contact our vice-chair, Shaun Kalley, at least 48 hours in advance (firstname.lastname@example.org).
- Monday, October 30th – VSB Board meeting at 7pm. Will including swearing in ceremony of new trustees.
Call for DPAC executives
There is currently room on our executive for 3 more parents. If you know of a parent who is interested, please nominate them at your next PAC meeting and submit the completed nomination form to our chair, Rob Peregoodoff (email@example.com).
Call for DPAC representatives to VSB Advisory Committees
At our October 12th executive meeting we will be selecting DPAC representatives to the following VSB advisory committees. If you know of a parent who is interested in being on one of these committees, please have them email our chair, Rob Peregoodoff (firstname.lastname@example.org). Typically, advisory meetings meet 1-4 times during the year in the afternoon. After the meeting, the representative would be asked to provide DPAC a report – either orally at the following executive meeting, or in writing. Any parent/guardian can be a DPAC representative on an advisory committee.
- Active Transportation Advisory Committee
- Aboriginal Education Enhancement Agreement Implementation and Monitoring Committee
- ICT Advisory Committee (Information and Communications Technology)
- Diversity Committee (NEW)
- School Calendar Committee
- Special Education Advisory Committee
- Sustainability Advisory Committee